Contractor Registration & Licensing

All contractors doing work within the city of Sherman are required to register as a contractor with the city.
  • State-licensed contractors such as electrical, plumbing, mechanical and irrigation contractors must register annually by providing proof of license and complete a Contractor Registration Form.
  • The license holder must appear in person for the initial registration and provide his / her driver's license and state license (if applicable) for copying.
  • An individual or company acting as the general contractor is also required to register with the city of Sherman.
  • Yearly contractor registration is valid from January 1 thru December 31 of each year.

For questions or comments relating to contractor registration, contact the Development Services Department at 903-892-7229.