Sherman Public Library Meeting Room A/B Use Guidelines
- Meeting Room A/B is available for public meetings and programs of a civic, cultural, or educational nature. Sherman Public Library (SPL) and the departments of the City of Sherman receive first consideration in scheduling.
- Solicitation or sales of products and/or services is prohibited. This includes political action and fundraising groups. No admission fee may be charged, nor a collection taken. All functions in the meeting room must be free and open to the public.
- Social functions or personal/family activities including family reunions, showers, birthdays, or other celebrations are not allowed.
- Reservations may be made no more than 90 days in advance online, by phone, or in person.
- The number of people the room will accommodate will depend on set-up. Fire code allows for a maximum of 96 people, 48 in A and 48 in B. Room should be set-up by the group reserving the room. Figure the time for this in the reservation. Tables and chairs are available.
- If special equipment (television, microphone, or projector) is needed, arrangements should be made at the SERVICE DESK. Any movies or television shown in the meeting room will need to have public performance rights.
- During library hours nonprofit organizations may use the Meeting Room without charge. Groups without non-profit status will be charged $10.00 per hour. Any nonprofit organization requesting use of the Community Room must present documentation of their nonprofit status.
- Organizations may use the Meeting Room up to twice per month, during regular library hours.
- Meeting Room agreement should be signed confirmation agreement MUST be signed at the library by the individual assuming responsibility for the room prior to the scheduled meeting. The reservation cannot be confirmed until all the provisions in #4 above have been met.
- No refunds will be made for any reservations canceled within 24 hours of the scheduled meeting.
- The library reserves the right to reschedule any meeting. The library staff will notify a representative of any previously scheduled event as quickly as possible.
- Food and beverages are allowed in the room, but NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES are permitted.
- City of Sherman Ordinance #4233 PROHIBITS SMOKING anywhere inside of the Sherman Public Library, including in the meeting rooms.
- Charges will be levied for any damage incurred based upon actual repair or replacement charges. Furthermore, failure to comply with these rules will result in forfeiting use of the room. Nails and thumbtacks may not be used to attach things to the walls.
- If a group will be using the room for a business function, all advertising and printed material must include the following statement: THIS EVENT IS NOT AFFILIATED WITH OR SPONSORED BY THE SHERMAN PUBLIC LIBRARY.
- Programs must be contained inside the room reserved. Petitioning of people in the library is not allowed.