To pay by mail, online or by phone requires the following:
- You are pleading guilty or no contest (nolo contendere). If you wish to plead not guilty, you must appear in person before the court to handle your citations.
- The payment of a fine will result in a conviction that may be reported to a driving record or to a criminal record.
You may not pay online or by phone if you are:
- A person age 20 and under charged with an alcohol-related violation or tobacco-related offense
- A person age 16 or younger charged with any violation - Texas law requires that a person age 16 or younger appear with one or both parents in court
- Contesting a charge (pleading not guilty) and will be appearing in person before the court to handle your citations
- Requesting a Driving Safety Course (Defensive Driving) or Deferred Disposition
- Seeking a Compliance Dismissal of a violation for which a compliance dismissal is permitted by state law
Municipal Building, 405 N. Rusk, Sherman, Texas during regular business hours of 9:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday
City of Sherman
PO Box 1106
Sherman, TX 75091-1106
We urge you to contact the Court if you are unable to pay the amount owed without undue hardship to yourself or your dependents. You may request a hearing before a Judge to consider your ability to pay and request any non-monetary compliance options available to you. You should be prepared to explain and document your financial situation to the Court.